WWE SMACKDOWN REPORT: PIPER’S PIT GETS THE YES! TREATMENT; LIFE IS NOT A DREAM FOR CODY RHODES; HALL OF FAMERS IN THE RING; MATCHES ANNOUNCED FOR EXTREME RULES
By Richard Trionfo on 2012-04-10 22:01:38
We are live from Hampton, Virginia and your announcers are Michael ‘He’s no Lord Alfred Hayes’ Cole, Booker ‘He’s no Bruno Sammartino’ T, and Josh ‘He is no Randy Savage’ Mathews.
We get Hall of Famer Howard Finkel to introduce Gene Okerlund.
Match Number Six: Sheamus and Mean Gene Okerlund versus Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio with Ricardo Rodriguez
Sheamus and Del Rio start off and Del Rio with kicks but Sheamus with a back elbow and he goes after Bryan but Daniel gets to the floor. Del Rio with a kick to Sheamus and then Bryan tags in and he kicks Sheamus. Bryan with more kicks to the chest. Sheamus with a forearm but Bryan with more kicks. Del Rio tags back in and he kicks Sheamus.
Del Rio with a front face lock but Sheamus with punches and a back body drop. Bryan tags in and he kicks Sheamus. Sheamus with a double sledge. Del Rio tries to interfere but Sheamus sends him to the floor. Bryan with a drop kick that sends Sheamus to the floor and Del Rio with a kick to the head.
Gene gets into the ring and Del Rio and Bryan surround him and Ricardo joins in. Ricardo mocks Gene.
Roddy Piper’s music plays and he leads the Gray Panthers to the ring and Del Rio leaves the ring. Bryan gets in Piper’s face and Bryan turns around into a Brogue Kick from Sheamus for the three count.
Winners: Sheamus and Mean Gene Okerlund
After the match, everyone gets to beat up Ricardo Rodriguez.
Michael Cole comes into the ring and he wants everyone to give it up for the WWE Legends and he wants a photo op before they go to the retirement home. Cole begs for mercy but Pat Patterson punches Cole and he goes to the floor.
NoDQ.com > WWE > WWE Smackdown Results from Hampton, Virginia
Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/10/2012 at 06:45 PM
- Tonight’s “Blast from the Past” Super SmackDown opens up with a vintage video for the Legends that will be appearing. We go to the normal SmackDown opening video before Josh Mathews welcomes us to SmackDown from Hampton, Virginia.
Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus and Mean Gene Okerlund
Back from the break and Daniel Bryan is waiting in the ring. Ricardo Rodriguez begins the introduction next as Alberto Del Rio comes in driving a Rolls Royce. Howard Finkel appears at the stage next and introduces Gene Okerlund. Okerlund heads to the ring wearing a Sheamus sweatshirt. Out next comes the World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus, also introduced by The Fink.
Sheamus starts things out with Del Rio. Sheamus takes him down and goes after Bryan. Sheamus turns around to a kick from Del Rio and he goes down. Bryan tags in and they double team the World Champ. Bryan with kicks before taking Sheamus to the corner for more kicks. Another tag to Del Rio and more double teaming.
Sheamus comes back and sends Del Rio to the floor. Bryan blocks the Brogue Kick and knocks Sheamus out to the floor. Sheamus gets laid out on the floor with a huge kick. Okerlund comes in the ring and is bullied by Del Rio, Bryan and Ricardo. They back Gene into the corner when Roddy Piper’s music hits. Piper coms out with DiBiase, Atlas, Duggan, Patterson, Hart, Rhodes, Hillbilly Jim and Slaughter. Piper has words with Bryan on the apron. Bryan turns around to a big Brogue Kick from Sheamus for the win.
Winners: Mean Gene Okerlund and Sheamus
- After the match, Fink announces the winners. The Legends surround Ricardo Rodriguez in the ring and take turns hitting their moves on him. Sheamus finishes it with a Brogue Kick. Sheamus poses with the Legends when Michael Cole interrupts. Cole comes in the ring with a mic and asks everyone to give it up for the WWE Legends. Cole wants to do a photo op so they can get back to the retirement home. They grab him and he says he was just kidding. Pat Patterson drops Cole and Sheamus kicks him out of the ring. Sheamus poses with the Legends again as SmackDown goes off the air.
The Doctor’s Weekly WWE SmackDown Recap: 123 Things We Learned, Loved and Hated
By Chris Mueller AKA The Doctor (Featured Columnist) on April 11, 2012
WWE had a Blast from the Past with tonight’s SmackDown as most of the legends who either work for WWE, or are on good terms with them, came out to join in on the fun.
104. Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio are out to face Sheamus and Mean Gene Okerlund.
105. I guess we will get to see how mean Mean Gene can be.
106. Del Rio’s new shirt is interesting. Is it supposed to be a Peso?
107. The hits just keep on coming. Howard Finkel is out to introduce Mean Gene and Sheamus.
108. Mean Gene’s music is very fitting.
109. Michael Cole hopes The Fink doesn’t cry. It was just the one time, Cole.
110. Del Rio tries to beat Sheamus in a striking contest but the big man is too much for him until Bryan causes a distraction.
111. Bryan tags in and starts giving Sheamus kick after kick.
112. You know that little rope the partner outside the ring is supposed to be holding at all times? Why do some people just ignore the fact that it’s there and other guys hold it all the time?
113. Sheamus gets kicked by Del Rio outside the ring in a very nice exchange.
114. Mean Gene gets pulled in the ring and Bryan and Del Rio corner him.
115. Why is the ref not counting the illegal man in the ring?
116. All the legends come out to defend Mean Gene from the mean old heels.
117. Sheamus hits the Brogue Kick on Bryan to get the win for his team.
118. Ricardo Rodriguez gets pummeled by everyone in the ring.
119. This reminds me of the WWE’s first ECW PPV where everyone hit Eric Bischoff with their finisher to end the night on a very happy note.
120. Michael Cole gets in the ring to thank everyone for a wonderful time tonight.
121. Pat Patterson lays out Cole with a punch and Sheamus’ music hits.
122. I guess tonight was a fun one-time thing.
123. I enjoyed seeing Piper, Dusty and Cowboy Bob the best, but seeing all the legends is always nice too.
411’s WWE Super SmackDown Report 4.10.12
Posted by Colin Rinehart on 04.10.2012
Randy Orton battled Mark Henry, Sheamus and Mean Gene Okerlund took on Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio in the main event, the WWE legends showed up and more! Check out 411’s full WWE Smackdown report for all the details!
Sheamus/Mean Gene Okerlund vs. Daniel Bryan/Alberto Del Rio
Yep, this is our “main event” folks. Bryan doesn’t even get his own entrance, being introduced in the ring when we return. Del Rio gets his extravagant one though, don’t worry. Howard Finkel does the introduction for Gene Okerlund, and I can’t help but reminisce about that famous promo with Okerlund training with Hulk Hogan many years ago. Sheamus and Del Rio start off with Del Rio eating a big elbow. Bryan and Del Rio trade quick tags and start to work Sheamus over in their corner, and I’m sure you can already see where this match is going. Bryan avoids the Brogue Kick from Sheamus and then sends him to the floor, where Del Rio takes out Sheamus with a kick to the head. Del Rio and Bryan bring Mean Gene into the ring now and even Ricardo Rodriguez jumps into the fun. Before they can jump him though, Piper’s music hits and the Rowdy one alongside the rest of the legends all come out to distract Bryan long enough so that Sheamus can recover, give him the Brogue Kick, and pick up the win at 3:24. And we have our record breaking third big fat DUD of the show ladies and gentlemen, give them a round of applause.
After the match all of the legends, including Howard Finkel, beat down the heels and begin to celebrate. Michael Cole makes his way into the ring to crack some jokes and Pat Patterson punches him in the face just to wrap up this entire clusterfuck of a show in truly surreal fashion.